Moissanite stone is a lab created diamond which totally looks like diamond. Moissanite can be used as a diamond in jewelry. It is difficult to find difference between moissanite and real diamond.
Moissanite stone is a substitute of diamond and there is only one difference between them that it diamond is natural and moissanite is lab created. Moissanite is available in many colors and it is very affordable.
Its hardness in Mohs scale is 9.5. It is best for those who are not able to afford real diamond. It can be used in any type of jewelry, it is created in lab. Only a machine can find it is moissanite otherwise it is similar to diamond.
Difference between moissanite stone and diamond:
- Appearance: Diamond is very beautiful stone it makes the jewelry more beautiful and attractive and Moissanite looks similar like diamond. A normal person can’t find it moissanite only a testing machine can tell it is moissanite or diamond. It looks attractive and beautiful just like diamond.
- Hardness: Hardness always matter in stone and it is very important for stone to be hard Diamond is the hardest stone, its hardness in Mohs scale is 10 and moissanite is also hard, its hardness in Mohs scale is 9.5. It is only little bit less hard than diamond. When it comes to hardness moissanite is the only stone which comes after diamond.
- Affordable: Diamond looks as good as it is expensive and diamond can’t be afforded by anyone but moissanite is similar diamond or you can say it’s a substitute of diamond. Moissanite is available in half range of diamond, it can be afford by anyone.
- Natural: Diamond is a naturally founded it is created by earth. But moissanite is created in lab. Diamond shines very less but Moissanite sparks more than it, which makes the jewelry more beautiful than diamond jewelry.
- Color: Diamond is available in many colors and many varieties similarly moissanite is also founded in many colors. From colorless moissanite to black color, all types of color, size or shape is available in moissanite. Shine of moissanite never get fade, it always remains sparkle. Which maintain the durability of the jewelry.
- Jewelry: Diamond makes the jewelry more beautiful and its substitute moissanite also can be worn in any type of jewelry whether it is nose pin, bangles, necklace ring or anything else. Moissanite is easily available in all types of colors, shapes and size.
Moissanite stone details:
- Color: As you read above moissanite stone is available in many colors and shades. Its color grade in divided into three major parts that is colorless, slightly colorless and yellow tinted. D, E, F are the color grade of colorless moissanite. G, H, I are color grade for slightly colorless and for yellow tinted moissanite J and k are color grade.
- Clarity: Clarity grades tell the imperfection in the moissanite stone. Imperfections of moissanite are invisible and difficult to find. Clarity grades depend on the inclusions of moissanite. It is divided on the five major parts. One if FL or IF which means Flawless or Internally Flawless. Second one is VVS1 or VVS2 which means very, very slightly included. A third part is VS1 or VS2 that is very slightly included. Fourth is SI1 or SI2 it means slightly included and the last one is I1, I2, I3 that is Included.
- Cut: Cut grade tells how properly stone is cut. From excellent to poor all types of cut grade found in moissanite. In excellent cut light can travel in stone and shine easily and properly but in poor grade it becomes difficult to travel through stone and shine. Cut grade of moissanite stone are excellent, very good, good, fair and poor.
- Carat Weight: Carat weight tells the stone is how much heavy the moissanite stone is. Moissanite is available in all weight from heavy to low.
- ₹3,699.00 – ₹19,999.00
- Loose Marquise Shape Moissanite Stone, GRA Certified
- ₹3,599.00 – ₹33,320.00
- Loose Cushion Cut Moissanite Stone, GRA Certified (1 Carat – 8.5 Carat)
- ₹5,250.00 – ₹33,399.00
- Loose Princess Moissanite Stone, GRA Certified (1 Carat – 8.5 Carat)